It’s no secret that many Aussies are feeling the stress of not being able to holiday because of COVID, and with no date on when travel is set to resume, many are spending their ‘travel funds’ on transforming their backyards into an oasis that they can ‘holiday’ from, all year round.
Seeing as though it’s going to be a while before you’re packing your bags and jetting off to another part of the world, have you considered transforming your backyard?
To help you decide, we’ve gone ahead and popped together a short article, full of great renovation ideas that you can take inspiration from, and the general benefits associated with upgrading the backyard of your home.
Let’s start with some of the most popular renovation ideas.
Sitting By The Pool In Your Very Own Private Resort
Most of the time when we picture a relaxing holiday, the first thing that comes to mind is sitting poolside at a luxurious resort. Am I right?
So why not recreate that luxurious resort style feel in the comfort of your backyard?
Add a pool, some relaxing sun lounges, plants of your choice, and you’ve created a beautiful oasis that you can enjoy all year round. Of course, there won’t be any waiters offering you drinks, but that’s what you’ve got hubby for!
Here are some great pool renovation ideas for you to take inspiration from:
- Privacy Palms
- Resort style
- Japanese Inspired
- Lush Oasis
Benefits of adding a pool to your backyard
- Quality family time – A dip in the pool each day will bring your family together. Even if you don’t swim yourself, being there to watch your kids play with each other and with their friends is a great way to bond.
- Fitness – Swimming is an excellent non impact activity that will keep you and your children healthy, happy & fit.
- Increase The Value Of Your Home – The initial outlay of a swimming pool may seem like a daunting investment, but on average, pools have been known to increase the value of homes by $30,000+
Entertain Friends In A Lovely Outdoor Alfresco
If eating good foods & drinking cocktails with your friends is your perfect idea for a holiday, then having an entertainment where you can host events regularly is the answer for you.
Alfresco areas are great for the warmer months, and can be built as an extension of your home, to give your kitchen an open plan living.
To help you achieve an entertainment area that’s perfect for your home, we’ve included 3 of the best Alfresco styles below:
- Traditional Dining
- Outdoor Rooms & Living
- Outdoor Entertainment
Benefits of adding an alfresco area to your backyard
Extending your home – adding an Alfresco area will extend the size of your home, and create an open living style plan for you and your family to enjoy.
Second Entertainment Zone – being able to get outdoors in the warmer weather, and entertain family friends is much more enjoyable than being stuck indoors.
Relax In A Tranquil Garden Space
A private garden which you can escape to after a long day’s work, is an oasis for many. Creating a space where you are surrounded by nature, that filters out the noise of your neighborhood, and allows you to read a book in silence, is easily achievable.
To help you achieve garden ‘zen’, here are some of the best garden spaces below, and to your surprise, are extremely low maintenance.
- Cozy Patio
- Courtyard With Walled Garden
- Tranquil Water feature
Benefits of creating a tranquil garden space in your backyard
- Improve Your Mental Well Being – While plants have for thousands of years been used for health giving properties, a tranquil garden environment gives you the ability to calm your mind.
- Non Contact Exercise – Gardening is a great form of exercise that can improve your mobility, strength and flexibility.